Stormee Waters knows about hard times. To provide for her aging grandmother and teenage brother, she takes a magazine journalist job in Houston. First assignment: a series of articles entitled, Make My Man Texas-Sized. First subject: Dirk Savage an adventurous businessman with the air of a conqueror. Admired by his peers and coveted by beauty queens and debutantes, he's just the type of man Stormee needs to make her first article sizzle. But when she catches his attention, can she handle the heat?
Accomplished CEO Dirk is used to acquiring what he wants, except in the illusive quest for the one woman who can fill his heart. The shock of discovering his dream woman in the naive Stormee sets his jaded emotions on high alert.
Can he convince her his intentions are genuine?" Dirk Savage never fails to acquire what he wants until he encounters Stormee Waters and a backwash of trouble...
1. Alpha Males (Desirable or Despicable?)ABOUT Lynda J. Coker
2. If captured, she will find the duality of her world challenging, since the innate nature of such a man can both raise a woman to ecstasy or drown her in despair.
3. The force with which she removed her hand from his deepened the small wrinkles around his eyes as his expression changed from warm to probing.
4. He knows he’s gorgeous, and he’s aware by the nitwitted grin on my face that I’m not immune.
5. How could a modern day warrior have hands that gave a woman all manner of fanciful thoughts?
6. Did Alpha Males assume that women in general deferred to their decisions, or was she just a simple-minded exception?
7. With her back against the rock wall, Stormee muttered, “What are you doing?”
8. Shock kept her immobile, while the sweetest pleasure she’d ever experienced sensitized her mouth
9. “If I were your father, Miss Waters, Id march you out to the car and tan your pretty little backside for not knowing what’s good for you.”
10. "Your scent pleases me, and I don’t make a habit of denying myself pleasures which are in my power to obtain."
11. He was certainly full of himself and made no effort to conceal a fundamental premise that men controlled and women submitted.
12. "Get rid of him before he stakes a claim, because when he does, he’ll take the whole territory.”
13. The hunger blazing in his dark eyes sucked every thought from her brain and nearly short-circuited her heart.
Lynda is an author of contemporary romance that lingers in a reader’s mind long after they’ve closed the book. She lives in Northeast Texas with her husband of fifty years. They enjoy traveling, trying new foods, spending time with family and friends, and doing community service work together. When she feels the need to take a break from writing, she enjoys creating fabric art.