Martha O'Sullivan presents this week's Thursday13.
Martha has loved reading romance novels for as long as she can remember. Writing her own novels is the realization of a lifelong dream for this stay-at-home mom. Martha writes contemporary and erotic romances with traditional couples and happy endings. She is the author of the Chances trilogy available now from Red Sage Publishing. Her current work-in-progress in a sweet and sexy Christmas novel set in Costa Careyes, Mexico A native Chicagoan, she lives her own happy ending in Tampa with her husband and two daughters.
Martha's Social Media Links
On the way to publication by Martha O’Sullivan
1. I thought I needed an agent.
2. I thought I had to go through traditional publishing and print channels.
3. I thought Harlequin ruled the world.
4. I should have brought The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Becca Pu-glist before I wrote my first book instead of when I was editing my second.
5. I underestimated how generous, supportive and welcoming writers were.
6. I should have gone to RWA Nationals the year I started writing. I should have joined TARA from the get-go.
7. I should have kept reading. I started writing at night instead of reading.
8. I should always write the last chapter first. I should have known this since I find my-self reading the last few pages of a book midway through chapter two.
9. I should have joined a critique group.
10. I should have shouted that I was writing from the rooftops instead of keeping it to myself.
11. I should have known the last rejection hurts just as much as the first one.
12. I should have known that writing the book was the easy part.
13. I knew how bad I wanted it, so I should have known I would do it.
But the one thing I did right? I never gave up! And here I am!
Lindsay Foster has convinced herself that marrying Paul Webster is the right thing to do. But she and Brian Rembrandt have some unfinished business. And Brian never met a rule, or a woman, that couldn't be broken. So when Lindsay won't come to him, he goes to her. But this love triangle has an extra side. And even Brian is no match for what happens next.