Publisher The Wild Rose Press
Starved for blood, vampire, Nicholai Peterhof is greatly relieved when two tourists decide to grace his restaurant, but one sip from the pretty brunette and his world is forever turned upside down. Juliette Staint-John is everything he could have asked for in a heartmate; pretty, smart, built with curves in all the right places…and totally unavailable.
Juliette doesn’t want anything to do with the handsome, young-looking Nicholai. As if their differences aren’t enough, the acute grief over the loss of loved ones keeps her heart guarded. He may be her fantasy, but that’s all he can ever be.
Unbeknownst to the couple, her personal demons are not the only ones threatening their relationship. Hiding virtually unseen by the vampires, Demon Royalty plots to destroy not only the couple but the entire vampire breed. Luckily, Nicholai will do anything for Juliette—even if it means sacrificing himself.
Buy link: http://ow.ly/FP0030654tF
In the shadows of the night, there exists a band of warriors--a group of vampires, known as the Alpha Council. Together they will confront an extraordinary destiny of peril, passion, and dark pleasures in the riveting new series from paranormal romance author Brenda Sparks.
13 things I love about the holidays:
1. Reading romance novels set during the holidays, even if they are a paranormal romance like my newest release, Alpha Lover.
2. The Hallmark Channel. The ENTIRE CHANNEL is dedicated to showing Christmas themed movies, and it’s glorious.
3. Singing Christmas carols, especially ones I can harmonize with.
4. Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas. Takes me back to my childhood.
6. Lavish department store window displays.
7. Everyone is encouraged to bring a tree indoors and fill their home with that Christmassy pine smell.
8. Strangers bond over horror stories involving delivery companies and the post office.
9. Christmas lights. Inside or out they add to the festivities. You could decorate a garbage can with twinkle lights and it would look magical.
10. Seasonal spices! Just dump some cinnamon, peppermint or ginger in anything you’re cooking, and it suddenly “tastes like Christmas.”
11. Eggnog. YUM!
12. Dinner with the family. Dramatic or peaceful, there’s nothing like a dinner with loved ones to make life interesting.
13. Riding through the snow in a horse drawn sleigh. I’m suck a sucker for this romantic scene I included a sleigh ride in Alpha Lover. The hero in that story is such a romantic. He won my heart.
Find more about the author here: