Jul 21, 2016
#MFRW Author Tena Stetler is a paranormal romance and cozy mystery author with an over-active imagination. She wrote her first vampire romance at the age of twelve, to the chagrin of her mother and the delight of her friends. Colorado is home; shared with her husband, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-year-old box turtle. Any winter evening, you can find her curled up in front of a crackling fire with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate and a big bowl of popcorn.
A Witch's Journey
Genre Paranormal Romance
Publisher The WIid Rose Press
Pepper McKay comes from a long line of powerful witches. Unfortunately, magic brings her nothing but trouble. She learned the love of wildlife rescue and rehab from her Aunt Ashling. After graduating from college, Pepper works for Salem Wildlife Sanctuary and lives from paycheck to paycheck until she inherits the McKay property in Lobster Cove. With the family land and resources, she dares to dream of starting her own wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center.
Lathen Quartz, a former Navy SEAL turned handyman maintains the enchanted McKay property for the McKay estate. But someone is trying to steal the McKay magic. Lathen offers to help Pepper achieve her life-long dream of building a wildlife center. During the long hours spent together on the project, their mutual attraction can’t be denied. But each harbors a deep, dark secret. Will they overcome their demons and give love a chance?
Thirteen sentences from A Witch's Journey.
1. The scrying crystal connected to a delicate gold chain that seconds before floated in the air, dropped and bounced once, then came to rest on top a dog-eared map of the United States.
2. Since you are the sole beneficiary as set out in Ms. McKay's Will, the property and the rest of the estate now go to you.
3. She yelped and whirled around to see a muscular man, well over six feet, with surfer blond hair nearly to his shoulders, tousled by the ocean breeze, rounding the corner of the cabin.
4. Suddenly, a rainbow shower of knife-sharp feathers zoomed out of the cabin door, across the air, and sliced through the man’s clothes, pinning him to the ground.
5. The sirens’ wail echoed all around her, and Kaylee’s scream broke through the chaos, then everything went black.
6. The days and nights blurred together as Lathen, Pepper, contractors, and volunteers worked feverishly on the clinics and habitats for the wildlife rescue and rehab center.
7. He held out a tiny bleating seal pup wrapped in a blanket, and carefully uncovered its side and right flipper.
8. A cold shiver ran up her spine as goose bumps crept up her arms.
9. She screamed, stomped backward grinding her heel onto his foot, then whirled around, elbows out and connected with the bridge of his nose.
10.The waves on the pond slapped noisily against the rocky shore as the mist crawling along the ground and settling over the pond took shape.
11. He reached up in the air and pretended to catch the kiss, then held that fist to his heart, giving her a devilish grin.
12. "Never expected to have a werewolf in our lineage."
13. "I mean no disrespect, but in recent years, you've disengaged from your magic until your life or the lives you cared about were in danger.
Meet the author here:
Jul 14, 2016
Originally from McLean, Virginia, Casi relocated to Atlanta after graduating from the University of Georgia. Fascinated with stories since childhood, she became a teacher of English, creative writing and drama. The search for her biological father revealed secrets that rekindled her passion for writing and inspired her memoir, Wingless Butterfly. Casi's publications also include five novelettes and her debut novel, Beneath The Lake. She lives in Atlanta, writes, creates trailers and tips for authors, speaks, and coaches others to let go of the past and pursue their dreams.
Genre Sci-Fi/fantasy, Romantic Suspense
Publisher The Wild Rose Press
A ghost town submerged beneath Atlanta's famous man-made Lake Lanier reportedly lures victims to a watery grave. But when Lacey Montgomery's car spins out of control and hurtles into the depths of the icy, black water, she awakens in the arms of a handsome stranger, in a place she's never heard of -- 34 years before she was born.
When the 2012 lawyer tangles with the 1949 hunk, fire and ice swirl into a stream of sweltering desire. BobbyReynolds is smitten the moment the storm-ravaged woman opens her eyes. Learning the truth about her origins does nothing to stop the passion from taking root in his heart, and leaves him torn between finding a way to help Lacey return to 2012 or convincing her stay with him.
The desperation to find her way home dissolves as Lacey falls in love with a town destined to be erased from the face of the Earth, and the man who vows to protect it. Will the couple discover the key to the mysterious portal before time rips them apart? Or will their star-crossed spirits wander forever through a ghost town buried beneath the lake?
Buy link http://amzn.to/1Q3xRS7
13 sentences from Beneath the Lake
Lacey awakened in the arms of a stranger, in a town she never heard of––thrity-four years before she was born.
Two dim lights glowed through the darkness, like eyes of a panther stalking its prey.
Oozing blood trickled into his palms and, one by one, his fingers slowly slipped.
Obsession drove him, his future teetered on the brink and Lacey was at the pinnacle.
The lake is filled with secrets and it never gives up its dead.
The waterlogged face of Lanier’s phantom ghost pressed against my window.
Watchful of unexpected movement in the Cimmerian shade, my anxiety deepened.
A chill fisted in my stomach as my foot slipped to the edge, spitting rocks into the lake far below.
He looked like an angel––An angel in sexy jeans and a tight, white T-shirt.
Like components of a fine timepiece, each sliver of his plan had to fit together perfectly.
A coma––trapped in my own head, I wasn't sure I ever wanted to wake up.
He lead Lacey to the depths of the lake and spiral her into the gates of hell.
I caught a glimpse, but his faint image dissolved into a silvery haze.
You can stalk the author here:
Jul 7, 2016
#MFRWauthor Margo Bond Collins is addicted to coffee (mmm...caffeine) and SF/F television, especially Supernatural (mmm...Winchesters). She writes paranormal and contemporary romance, urban fantasy, and paranormal mystery. She lives in Texas with her daughter and several spoiled pets. Although she teaches college-level English courses online, writing fiction is her first love. She enjoys reading urban fantasy and paranormal fiction of any genre and spends most of her free time daydreaming about heroes, vampires, ghosts, werewolves, and the women who love (and sometimes fight) them.
Under Her Skin
Publisher Bathory Gate Press
She's lucky he's a charmer. He's lucky she doesn't bite ... much.
Lindi Parker works hard at being human, not an easy task for a snake shifter. She has no desire to search for others like her—until a new case changes everything. When Lindi learns that she she's not the only shapeshifter in the world, she also realizes she might be next on a killer's list.
In order to save herself and the abused children she works with, she will have to team up with Dr. Kade Nevala, a member of the shifter tribe responsible for eradicating weresnakes—and the most attractive man Lindi's ever met. Even more terrifying, she’ll need to embrace her serpent side, a choice that has enormous consequences for Lindi, and for everyone around her.
Thirteen Shapeshifters I Love
1. Oz from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Mercy Thompson from Patricia Briggs' series
3. Sam Merlotte from True Blood
4. Jane Yellowrock from Faith Hunter's series
5. Mystique from The X-Men
6. Kitty from Carrie Vaughn's series
7. Tyler Lockwood from The Vampire Diaries
8. Bisclavret, a medieval werewolf in one of Marie de France's lays
9. Curran from Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series
10. Scott from Teen Wolf
11. Elena and Clay from Kelley Armstrong's series
12. Peter Rumancek from Hemlock Grove
13. My own snake-shifter, Lindi, from Under Her Skin!
You can find more about Margo here:
Amazon Author Page
Jun 30, 2016
#MFRWauthor Karie Evans has been studying medieval England for over twenty years. A huge fan of medieval romance, Karie decided to use her extensive studies to pen the perfect angst-ridden love story between two people who should not be together.
A Woman's Sword
Young Jules Westbrook, countess of Somerset, falls head over heels for her older brother Daniel's best friend. A surprise ambush on Ethan's home by the Scottish rogue, Sir Kilger, leaves Ethan's father dead and brother missing. When Daniel and Ethan's plan to rescue Hunt Ashleigh unravels, Daniel ends up dead at the hands of his best friend. Upon Ethan's return to Westbrook House Jules’ childhood love turns quickly to unabated hatred. Five years later, Ethan returns, hardened from war with the Scots as well as his own self-loathing. He sets his sights on his dead best friend's little sister, who has turned into a ravenous beauty with the mature soul of a warrior. Jules vows revenge upon the duke who forces Jules into marriage and sets them both on a roller coaster of hatred, love, betrayal, fear, and finally a resolution so surprising, neither Ethan nor Jules saw it coming.
Buy link Amazon.com
13 sentences from the novel
1. Never in her wildest imagination would she have believed that she would be ill fated enough to be forced into this marriage - this unholy alliance with her brother's murderer.
2. However, when her sword struck his shield with the force of a great man, he quickly changed his mind.
3. Ethan would never forgive himself if anything happened to Daniel.
4. He stared at this beautiful little creature standing before him possessing more courage than he had ever seen in any knight on the battlefield.
5. "I've always known that my life would be mercifully short..." he paused and cleared his throat, "…and untouched by love.
6. . "Jules, your brother is dead and his murderer stands before you now!"
7. He grabbed the shivering girl in a tight embrace, his hands running across her tense back, his lips pressed roughly against hers.
8. All those years ago, she had seen so much anger in him, but there was also such sweetness in his kind looks and the way he touched her - like she would break if he pressed too hard, very much the opposite of the way he touched her the day before, possessively and with little regard for her feelings.
9. She loathed this man, but she could not deny the strange stirring inside of her every time she saw him.
10. "The duke of Rocksavage," he continued.
11. "To my bride," he said, the look of a warrior who has just conquered a nation twinkling in his eyes.
12. He pulled her to him in a protective embrace, burying his head in her hair.
13. Ethan watched the water trickle down the length of the blade.
Jun 16, 2016
Convinced she was born to be an artist, #MFRW author Brenda Whiteside never took her love of writing seriously…until sometime after college, after marrying a man doing a stint in the army, and after the birth of her son, she found more satisfaction filling a blank page with words than an empty canvas with color.
Brenda and her husband are gypsies at heart having lived in six states and two countries. Currently, they split their time between the prairie in Northern Arizona and the RV life. At home or in the RV, she spends most of her time writing stories of discovery and love entangled with suspense.
A Legacy of Love and Murder
book three of Love and Murder Series
Publisher The Wild Rose Press
In Austria to meet her great-grandfather and explore his castle estate filled with priceless art, August Myer arrives to find he’s died suspiciously. As one of the heirs, her life is in danger, turning this fairytale Alpine adventure into a nightmare of veiled threats, unexplained accidents, and murder.
Inspector Tobias Wolf splits his time between his profession and fighting the spread of neo-Nazism. But when the beautiful, intriguing American crosses his path during a murder investigation, ensuring her safety challenges his priorities…and his heart.
When August learns the handsome inspector is concealing a personal involvement and the death of her great-grandfather is somehow connected, she takes the investigation into her own hands. The outcome could be the death of both of them.
Buy link Amazon.com
13 Sentences from A Legacy of Love and Murder:
1-Thirteen years later, this fairytale fortress,although not pink, loomed larger than Cinderella’s castle.
2-When his brown eyes regarded her, August thought of warm, toasted almonds and was immediately annoyed with herself.
3-At least fifteen years August’s senior, he had a kind of James Bond quality about him, exuding a seductive confidence with his every move she couldn’t ignore, in spite of her irritation.
4-“I’m sorry.” He glanced at both of them before speaking. “Herr Luschin is dead.”
5-Mom might classify falling-apart balcony walls and cabinets as accidents, but she had an edgy sensation.
6-“If you mean I want to know more about my great-grandfather, about how he died and about you, my last living Austrian relative, then yes, I guess I am.”
7-Lenhard didn’t seem the type of man to practically lure his granddaughters to Austria only to commit suicide and use them to further torture his nephew.
8-The glint in Wolf’s eyes when August suggested he spend the night in the suite with her was…wolf-like.
9-The personal interest he had in this case charged every nerve in his body. “Lacy’s had another attempt on her life.”
10-With a blink of thick lashes, and a tug of a spiky, golden-tipped lock of hair, she continued as if nonplused by his reaction to her tease; although, her crooked smile spoke volumes.
11-12-“Thomas Siegel has seen him being friendly with some Burschenschaften members.”
“Ach, the Nazi ties again.”
13-“Someone will die, Tobias, but are you willing to play this out and see who?”
Visit Brenda at
Amazon Author Page
She blogs on the 9th and 24th of every month at http://rosesofprose.blogspot.com
She blogs about life’s latest adventure on her personal Blogspot