Stranger at My Door
Let’s start with the fun stuff. I love small towns, mysteries, quiet men, laughter, old-fashioned spaghetti dinners. I love boots and shopping and jokes and Hershey’s dark chocolate and white wine. I love lots of things. But my first love is reading. I love to read. Just about anything, but it has to be well-written. I go through periods where I am into historical novels or romance or mystery or history or biography. I never know when my desires will suddenly change.
Now for the writer-ish, official stuff: Mari Manning is the author of several contemporary romances and three romantic suspense novels set in the Texas Hill Country. Stranger at My Door is the first in her A Murder in Teas series. The second, Stranger in My House will be published by Entangled later this year. The third book in the series is Stranger in My Bed. Currently Mari is working on a series of cozy mysteries.
She and her husband live in Chicago.
Publisher Entangled Publishing
Genre Romantic Suspense
The only thing standing between her and disaster is a man she can’t trust …
As far as Dinah Pittman is concerned, men can’t be trusted. Especially cops. Her own father was a cop and a convicted felon who stole a small fortune before dying in prison. The best part? No one knows where the money is…and someone is willing to kill off everyone who knows anything about it.
And Dinah is next.
Rafe Morales left the Dallas police force to settle down to a simpler life in the small Texas town of El Royo. Instead, he finds himself protecting an infuriating, tough-as-nails, oh-so-sexy victim—and driving himself crazy with a thoroughly unprofessional desire.
But as the body count rises, Rafe and Dinah must find a way to trust each other…before they both end up dead.
Buy link Entangledpublishing
Thirteen things Mari likes:
1. Warm weather (I'm still wearing my winter coat and it's fricking May!)
2. New clothes (I indulge in retail therapy)
3. Long walks
4. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
5. Homemade oatmeal raisin cookies
6. Fireworks on the fourth of July
7. Strolling through downtown Chicago in the summer
8. Cowboy boots (my Frye boots are as old as Urban Cowboy and I still love them)
9. The Arizona desert in the spring
10. Halloween night (especially when the sky is clear and the moon is out)
11. The color blue
12. A surprise bouquet of flowers
13. Last but not least, I love to write
You can stalk the author here: