Rosanna Leo is a multi-published, erotic romance author. Several of her books about Greek gods, selkies and shape shifters have been named Top Picks at Night Owl Romance and The Romance Reviews.
From Toronto, Canada, Rosanna occupies a house in the suburbs with her long-suffering husband, their two hungry sons and a tabby cat named Sweetie. When not writing, she can be found haunting dusty library stacks or planning her next star-crossed love affair.
A library employee by day, she is honored to be a member of the league of naughty librarians who also happen to write romance.
13 Sentences from The Stand-In
1) “Well? Are you going to be a big star, or do I need to get out my voodoo dolls?”
2) Love was a farce, plain and simple. She was pretty sure it was invented by the greeting-card industry.
3) Who advertised for bridesmaids in the paper?
4) You’re not in any position to be noticing a lack of panty lines.
5) He knew a few dozen men who’d be intimidated into next year by her girl-next-door sex appeal.
6) She’d always been a sucker for a man with a devastating grin.
7) "So you don’t care the papers called me ‘a lothario’ and compared me to the Marquis de Sade?"
8) When their lips touched, she let out a muffled squeal, but it proved not to be the sound of protest she’d expected.
9) "When I get you home, you can make all the noise you want. In fact, I encourage it.”
10) “Jesus, Winn. You haven’t had sex in over a year and I diddled you under a table at a pirate wedding. I am a lothario.”
11) “Don’t be ashamed you’re sensitive. It’s the best thing about you.”
12) “I read your article. It’s a piece of shit, but hey, thanks for getting the spelling of my name right."
13) "I'd rough up a million losers for you."
She glanced at her computer screen again. “Let’s see. Ah, yes. We’ll have you meet with Winn. And by the way, she’s lovely. She has the perfect look for this job. Accessible and fresh, but not intimidating. You’re in luck. She’s in the building right now.” She texted a command into her phone. “I’ll have my assistant send her right in.”In the time it took Margie Kent to flash her very pearly whites, a knock sounded on the door. These stand-ins were prompt. He supposed that was good in any business.“Come in, please,” Margie called.Patrick lifted his gaze toward the door and watched as a pear-shaped blonde entered. Christ. Margie had called this woman unintimidating. He knew a few dozen men who’d be intimidated into next year by her girl-next-door sex appeal. Chin-length golden hair framed her pleasantly round face. Amazing cheekbones. Bright blue eyes and a body that looked made for squeezing. Just the thought of pressing that luscious flesh made him hard. If she was a high-class call girl, and if he had to pay for love, he might be tempted to pull out his wallet. He cleared his throat and thought of the day Jason Dietrich fired him, just to make his boner disappear.Margie did the introductions in her singsong voice. “Winn Busby, this is Patrick Lincoln.”She stuck her hand out. “A pleasure to meet you.”As he shook her soft hand, Patrick waited for the old “that Patrick Lincoln?” but it never came. Thank God. Someone who didn’t know of his ruin.Buy Link: Liquid Silver Books
You can meet Rosanna here: